How much does a vasectomy cost?
Drs. Pollock and Chang are not enrolled in the B.C. Medical Services Plan. This permits us to structure our vasectomy services and pricing in line with our patient-centred approach.
Currently the cost of vasectomy is $585.
Drs. Pollock and Chang, together, have successfully carried out over 40,000 vasectomies over the last 20 years. The typical cost of vasectomy among similarly experienced physicians around the world is over $1000.
Our doctors’ surgical experience and advanced techniques are critical factors in their high success rates (over 99.9%), low complications and short recovery times.
If you have any questions regarding our pricing, we would be more than happy to discuss this with you.
Vasectomy procedures at Pollock Clinics are paid directly by our clients. After you have made your decision, you may book online or just call us to get started.
No doctor’s referral is required.
Please call us at 604-717-6200 with your questions about pricing or anything else. We look forward to speaking with you.
Benefits of Our Private Vasectomy Services
Our package covers the following:
Unique procedural enhancements such as:
- A virtually bloodless and painless, no-scalpel no-needle vasectomy carried out in under 6 minutes
- No needle anesthetic to reduce risk of intra-operative hematoma and post-operative bleeding
- Skin glue wound closure for faster wound recovery
- Dissolvable thread for fascial interposition as opposed to metal clips so no foreign body is left in the scrotum
- Optional mild sedation with inhaled nitrous oxide for enhance comfort during the procedure
A patient-centred approach to optimize your experience and ensure your convenience:
- Online registration
- No physician’s referral required. Just book directly
- Pre-procedure counselling from office staff by phone prior to you coming in
- Post-operative follow-up by telephone
- Post-vasectomy semen analysis at LifeLabs
- Post-vasectomy semen analysis results by telephone
- Complete and detailed patient information manual
- Two convenient clinic locations
Everyone receives a post-operative supplies kit:
- After-care antibiotic ointment
- Athletic supporter
- 2 Gel packs for icing your scrotum
- Tylenol and Ibuprofen
- Semen analysis containers
Our patients also appreciate our exceptional support:
- Flexibility to make appointment changes within days of scheduled procedure
- 24/7 access to our doctors through their personal cell phones for post-operative concerns, patient questions, and/or for any emergencies
Max Comfort – No-Needle, No-Scalpel Vasectomy
A vasectomy is a once-in-a-lifetime procedure.
Choose the experience of Pollock Clinics.
For something that is so life-changing, we want to provide the least invasive, most convenient and most comfortable way of getting the job done. We are not satisfied with the basic standard of care and strive to go beyond that, especially for something as important as getting a vasectomy. That is why we provide a private vasectomy service to address the concerns our patients have while providing the highest quality care available.
No Needle in the Scrotum
Men do not like needles or sharp objects of any sort down there. With no-needle anaesthesia, we eliminate the need for a needle for freezing the scrotum by using a specialized spray applicator. This device uses air pressure to spray a fine stream of anesthetic (0.1 cc/injection) through the skin, freezing both the skin and vas deferens at the same time.
With this method no sharp object physically enters the scrotum, so there is less risk of puncturing a blood vessel, it reduces patient anxiety which helps relax the scrotum so there is less uncomfortable tugging and pulling during the procedure, patients report less pain during freezing, and it also reduces the procedure length since less time is spent controlling bleeding or managing local hematoma from the needle.
Nitrous Oxide for Enhanced Comfort
Upon request we offer a nitrous oxide inhaler to provide mild sedation. The nitrous oxide gas takes effect right away to increase relaxation and reduce any feeling of pain during the procedure. The effects wear off within minutes after the procedure, so you can walk out and drive home without issue.
The Cost for a Private Vasectomy – It’s worth it.
We are proud to provide a high level of service for our clients. The choice to go with the Pollock Clinic’s vasectomy experience is a simple one.
Most of our patients say “I am going to do this once in my life, I want to have the simplest, most convenient and most comfortable option available.” Our patients indicate to us that when they consider the fact that they can get fast service at a reasonable fee “it just makes sense” to choose Pollock Clinics for their once-in-a-lifetime vasectomy procedure.