After FrenulectomyJack Chang
- Most men do not require any additional pain medication after the procedure but you may take up to 2 extra-strength Tylenol tablets every 6 hours as needed for pain control. After 48 hours, you should take Ibuprofen 400mg every 6 hours as needed for pain control if needed.
- There may be a small amount of bleeding at the surgical site. This is normal and will stop in a few days. If it does not call our office or emergency number.
- Continue applying antibiotic ointment at the site for 1 week.
- You may return to office work the next day but if your work requires a lot of activity you should take 2-3 days off.
- We recommend no sexual activity for about 5-6 weeks or until the sutures come out completely.
- Patients who are traveling more than 3-4 hours away may want to stay at a local hotel overnight.