How much will a circumcision cost?
The price for a circumcision at our Vancouver clinics will be determined primarily by the patient’s age.
To get the precise cost of a circumcision for your son, or for yourself, please use the Cost Confirmation request form.
Please call us during clinic hours at 604-717-6200 for a quick reply for pricing and appointment availability.
Pricing for infant circumcision is below.
Circumcision Pricing for Baby and Newborns
The price for baby and newborn circumcision under 2 months of age is $485.
The age is based upon your son’s actual date of birth.
Occasionally we get inquiries regarding premature babies; due to physiological and anatomical nuances we need to prepare for we must go by the day your son was born and not his estimated due date.
Circumcision Pricing for Older Boys and Teens
For infants 2 months of age and older, and on up to adults, the fee increases proportionally with the patient’s age.
If this applies to you or your son, please call our office for more information.
You can also find more detail on circumcision for boys and teens on the dedicated page on this site.
Adult Circumcision Pricing
For a pricing confirmation for an adult circumcision procedure please use the circumcision cost confirmation form.
To learn more about getting circumcised at an older age please visit the dedicated Adult Circumcision page on this site to see more information on our virtually painless methods for adult circumcision under local anesthesia only.
How should we prepare for the procedure?
We will speak with you before your appointment to confirm the details on how to prepare for the circumcision.
For infants we recommend feeding your son before coming in for the procedure, and bringing along extra diapers.
The preparations will be reviewed with you in detail, and you can ready more about the steps before your boy’s circumcision on the Infant Circumcision page.
What circumcision method is used at your clinic?
We use the Pollock Technique™, proven effective in over 40,000 procedures in our BC clinics.
The Shang Ring technique is also employed in older clients when our doctors judge that method to be appropriate.
We use these techniques because they provide a quick and virtually painless experience, with a high-level of the patient satisfaction and low complication rates.
We are offering circumcision for all ages using the same safe techniques.
For children, adolescent and adult circumcision please contact us today.
What are the potential benefits of circumcision?
Circumcision has been the topic of debate for many decades. Research and scientific studies indicate that there are a number of medical benefits that result from this procedure.
Circumcision benefits include a reduced risk of sexually transmitted diseases, including:
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) was reduced by 53% to 60%.
- Herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2) was reduced by 28% to 34%.
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) was reduced by 32% to 35%.
- Among female partners of circumcised men, bacterial vaginosis was reduced by 40% and Trichomonas vaginalis infection was reduced by 48%.
Additional health benefits of circumcision include the following:
- Lower risk of getting cancer of the penis, a rare type of cancer.
- Lower risk of urinary tract infections during the first year of life. Urinary tract infections during the first year of life can be serious and may lead to hospitalization. An uncircumcised baby boy has a 1 in 100 chance of getting a urinary tract infection during the first year of life, compared with a 1 in 1000 chance for a circumcised baby boy.
- Prevention of foreskin infections.
- Prevention of phimosis, a painful condition in which the foreskin retracts. Circumcised males do not get this condition.
- Easier genital hygiene.
- Studies now show that circumcision may also reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
Because studies have indicated a link between circumcisions and improved health and lower incidence of serious, sometimes deadly diseases, demand for infant circumcision has remained strong.